“United Title goes above and beyond to get the job done!!”
“Everyone at United Title was so helpful and made my closing process super easy. They addressed all the questions I had, and it could not have gone any smoother!”
“I have done multiple closings with this company and they are extremely friendly to work with!”
There are many positive words our clients use to describe us, but what we recognize at the heart of each of these glowing testimonials is the fact that we care about every transaction we take on.
We’ve grown from a small local title company acquired by Matthew “Strohm” Evans Jr. in 1983 to performing settlements statewide. While United Title grew in those early days, Strohm was establishing himself as an expert in title matters in the legal field. No matter how big our company got, we always remained a respected fixture in the Severna Park community.
Upon Strohm’s passing in 2021, his son Matthew S. Evans III took over and joined United Title as its president, while maintaining a longstanding affiliated relationship with his legal practice, Evans Law, based in Annapolis. Thanks to this affiliation, United Title has long benefitted from the support of a team of experienced real estate attorneys who can provide innovative solutions to real estate transactions.
Mr. Evans seeks to build upon the strong foundation his father laid and built over the decades. His vision involves upgraded technology and facilities so that we can continue our tradition of excellence with superior settlement services and exemplary customer service.
We apply our knowledge, experience, advice, and professionalism in everything we do, so you can get the transaction done, and everyone — whether it’s a commercial transaction or a residential one, or a buyer, seller, real estate agent or brokerage — comes away satisfied.
Our services include but are not limited to the following:
- 1031 Tax Free Exchange Services
- Land Installment Contracts
- Commercial transactions
- Competitive title insurance rates
- Settlements at locations and times convenient to clients
- Coordinating with clients unable to attend closing, including Powers of Attorney
- Escrow services
- Builder services
- Notary Services
- Explanation to buyers about the best way to hold title; tenants by the entirety, joint tenants and tenants in common; and the ramifications of each
- Resolution to those title problems that can cause a transaction to fall through
- Interaction with personal representatives of estates, trustees and attorneys in fact
- Preparation of Certificates of Title to the county as may be required by a client
- Insurance of owner’s title insurance policies and the enhanced policy, which includes many additional protections for buyers of residential property, plus title insurance for your lender
- If your settlement requires seller financing, we have all the necessary documents to protect both parties
- Property line dispute resolution
- Contract dispute resolution
- Life Estate Deeds
- Deed preparation, adding and removing parties
- Out of office settlements as may be required
- Land Trust
- Conservation Easements